Thursday, August 16, 2012

Toshiaki Nishioka ready for Donaire


Source : Examiner

“Since the end of last year, I have been training for the bout with Donaire" -- Toshiaki Nishioka

Japan's Toshiaki Nishioka, rated the #1 jr. featherweight by the Ring, and the WBC's Champion Emeritus, held a press conference on Wednesday, Aug. 15th, in Tokyo, to address his Oct. 13th showdown with Filipino-American Nonito Donaire, Jr., who reigns as the WBO and IBF jr. featherweight champion at the Home Depot Center in Los Angeles, California.



“Since the end of last year, I have been training for the bout with Donaire. I was worried that this fight would never happen, but now that the deal has been finalized, I am excited to face him on October 13th. I have fought overseas against great fighters such as Jhonny Gonzalez, Rafael Marquez but to fight Nonito Donaire motivates me more for he is known around the world as one of the top pound for pound fighter.”

“He (Donaire) has great left hook, left uppercut and he has good footwork. He’s pretty much an all-round boxer. I would like to say to Donaire that we both be at our best condition for the fight and let’s put on the best show together”

“I want to prove I’m the best in the division and there is no better way to do it than to win against him.”

“I was devastated when I heard that Donaire was set to fight Arce, but when I was told that the fight has been canceled and agreement has been reached to fight me, from the bottom of my heart I was happy and excited."

Nishioka will be in Los Angeles for the fight's press conference on August 27th. Tickets for the fight go on sale tomorrow, Aug, 16th, and will also be co-headlined by a clash of undefeated sluggers, Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado.

No comments:

Post a Comment