Thursday, September 26, 2013

Marquez says Bradley could be his last fight

-->
-->



Source : ABS CBN Sports
MANILA, Philippines – Bad news for Pacquiao fans.
His Mexican rival Juan Manuel Marquez is contemplating retirement after his world title fight against WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley on October 12.

This means, Manny Pacquiao may no longer be able to avenge his sixth-round knockout loss to Marquez last December.

"[Retirement] is a possibility. I won't rule anything out right now. First things first, we have to see how I feel physically, which is a very important factor and then see what happens,” Marquez said in Boxing Scene.

But Marquez clarified that this doesn’t mean he’ll allow Bradley to “retire” him.

Marquez reiterated that he wants to earn the distinction of becoming the first Mexican to win five titles in five weight classes.

Bradley earlier boasted that he will retire the 40-year-old Mexican. “I will win because I have to win. It's in my DNA, and I will be a bigger name because of my will to win. I have one goal -- go into the ring, win and retire the great Juan Manuel Marquez,” he said.

But Marquez countered that Bradley is entitled to his own opinion.

“Bradley can say whatever he wants, but [saying he will retire me] and doing it are two different things. Anything can happen in the ring. We will allow him to keep talking, but I will let my fists do the talking,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment