Source : Boxing Scene
BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard learned that Pacquiao, who was scheduled to arrive tomorrow, had decided to postpone his arrival until October 27 and to continue training in his hometown of General Santos City.
Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told us that Pacquiao's adviser Michael Koncz would probably leave for Manila on Monday to try and convince Pacquiao to make it at least by October 20.
Arum appeared peeved at the sudden postponement since many of the activities to promote the fight entailed the presence of both Pacquiao and Marquez and that as a promoter he couldn't merely feature Marquez.
Arum told BoxingSceneStandard "Manny has to decide whether he is a boxer or he's a politician. I would like for the next two months for him to be a boxer and then the politics will take care of itself when he finishes the fight with Marquez. But that's up to him."
The Top Rank promoter, whose contract with Pacquiao was recently extended for one more year until December 31, 2014, cautioned Pacquiao that the fourth encounter with Marquez "is going to be a completely different fight from the fights they've had before. Each guy is going to go out for a knockout and it better be the best Manny Pacquiao that shows up."
Efforts to contact Koncz to find out the reason for the postponed arrival proved fruitless.
Roach told us earlier that the Wild Card Gym would be closed from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. once Pacquiao begins training which he had told Roach would be on Monday, October 15.
Raymund Beltran, one of the sparring partners lined up for Pacquiao appeared disappointed when he learned of the postponement.