Monday, August 6, 2012

NBA : Pierce not signing extension



Source : Yahoo Sports

Paul Pierce has played all 14 of his NBA seasons with the Boston Celtics, but he is not seeking an extension on his current contract, preferring to become a free agent when it expires, according to the Boston Globe.



Pierce, 34, is under contract through 2013-2014, but it's not guaranteed as a team option.

"I think I am going to play this one out," he told the Globe. "I want to see what it feels like to be a free agent for once in my life. I think I am going to play this one out. A lot can change in two years. My body [may not] be where I want it to be, I could retire, a lot of things could happen. I love the game. I made as much money as I possibly can. It's about winning a championship and if I feel like it's the right thing to do, maybe so [come back]. If I solidify my third year, maybe they opt out, so it's about keeping your options open."

His decision about whether to stay with the Celtics may depend on what other pieces the Celtics have then.

Ray Allen left to join the Miami Heat, and coach Doc Rivers might be ready to walk away from the NBA sometime soon. Kevin Garnett signed a three-year extension this summer, but he is 36 years old.

Pierce was put on the trading block last season before general manager Danny Ainge decided to keep the team together for another run.

HORNETS SIGN ROGER MASON

The New Orleans Hornets announced the signing of guard Roger Mason on Saturday.

Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Mason averaged 5.5 points and 1.3 rebounds in 52 games for the Washington Wizards last season.

The eight-year veteran has averaged 6.7 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists in his career. He has also played for the Chicago Bulls, Toronto Raptors, San Antonio Spurs and New York Knicks.

NATE ROBINSON TO THE BULLS

The Chicago Bulls say they have agreed to a contract with point guard Nate Robinson.

The Bulls announced the deal on Tuesday after reaching an agreement the previous day.

A three-time slam dunk champion, Robinson regained his form with Golden State last season after playing in just four games with Oklahoma City the previous season following a midseason trade from Boston. He averaged 11.2 points and 4.5 assists for the Warriors.

He joins veteran Kirk Hinrich at the position as the Bulls try to get by without Derrick Rose. The 2011 NBA MVP is expected to miss a big portion of the season while recovering from knee surgery.

Hinrich is in his second stint with the Bulls after signing with them last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment