Saturday, January 14, 2012

Mayweather : I want nobody else but Pacquiao

Source : ABS-CBN Sports

MANILA, Philippines – Floyd Mayweather Jr. made it clear that he only wants to fight one boxer, and that’s Manny Pacquiao.


VERTICAL AD



“Like I said before, Floyd Mayweather don't want to fight nobody but one person. I don't want to fight nobody else but him. Nobody! I want him… I want him! I only want one person, Pacquiao!” he said in an interview with Fight Hype.

Mayweather also insisted that Pacquiao should agree on fighting him no later than May 5.

He said Pacquiao’s camp shouldn’t offer excuses to delay the fight up to late May because the supposed mega fight has already received much publicity.

“This fight is already sold, you know? The fight is already sold. All he gotta do is sign on the dotted line. I'm ready,” said the unbeaten boxer.

Mayweather denied he’s using Pacquiao’s name to sell his reported bout against Mexico’s Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero.

“I don't even know who ‘The Ghost’ is. I don't even know who that dude Guerrero is,” he said.

This was contrary to claims made by boxing promoter, Bob Arum, that Mayweather's bout with Guerrero was a tune-up fight before he faces Pacquiao.

But Mayweather said, “I fought a southpaw; I fought Ortiz. Ortiz was a tune-up preparing me for Pacquiao because I thought that the fight was going to happen and that's the fight that I want to give to the world."

Pacquiao said through his business adviser Michael Koncz that he would fight Mayweather in late May.

This is to give way for the construction of a temporary stadium where the fight can be held.

"Be your own boss Floyd and fight at the end of May, for the economic reason of earning the extra income from the bigger stadium... the earliest this can be constructed is the end of May," Koncz said.

Pacquiao added that Mayweather should also agree to a 50-50 split of fight revenue.

"Wala ng problema doon. Tanggapin na lang n'ya ang 50% na share n'ya at okay na 'yung fight (There are no more problems. If he accepts a 50% share then the deal for the fight is done)," Pacquiao said.

Pacquiao said that if Mayweather accepts a 50-50 purse split, each fighter stands to earn around $50 million to $60 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment