Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mayweather slams Pacquiao [ running his mouth again ]



Source : ABS-CBN News

MANILA, Philippines - Undefeated American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. has taken another potshot at Filipino boxing icon Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao by saying the Filipino has 6 losses in his career instead of 3.



Pacquiao has a record of 54 wins, 3 losses and 2 draws, with his losses coming against Rustico Torrecampo in 1996, Medgoen Singsurat in 1999, and Erik Morales in 2005.

But Mayweather said Pacquiao has 6 losses in his record.

"(Pacquiao) lost more than 3 times. He already got 3 losses, and he lost to (Juan Manuel) Marquez 3 times. So he already got 6 losses," Mayweather said in an interview with Fight Hype.

In a separate Fight Hype interview, Mayweather reiterated his point, saying, "You want honesty, I'm giving it to you. Marquez fought Pacquiao 3 times, Marquez beat Pacquiao 3 times."

Pacquiao defeated Marquez via a controversial majority decision last November 12 in Las Vegas (November 13 in Manila). Mayweather said he did not watch the fight, but did say that "I heard Marquez got cheated."

Mayweather also trumped his spotless record.

"What I've done, no fighter has ever done. I faced 42, and I made all 42 look the same. It was easy," he said.

Money situation

Mayweather also criticized Pacquiao's status as a pay-per-view draw, claiming he "made more money in my last 2 fights than (Pacquiao) made in his whole career."

"How can you even say a guy like this is on my level?" Mayweather said.

Mayweather owns the record for the most number of pay-per-view buys for a fight, with his 2007 bout with Oscar de la Hoya garnering 2.4 million PPV buys.

Mayweather added he does not need to fight Pacquiao to cement his place in boxing history.

"I'm telling you now that I'm the best that ever did it, even without the Pacquiao fight," he said. "Like I said before, I'm extraordinary. I make every fighter look ordinary."

Mega-fight

Boxing fans have long asked for a Pacquiao-Mayweather mega-fight, with many saying it will be the most lucrative bout in the history of the sport.

Pacquiao recently confirmed negotiations were ongoing, although nothing has been finalized. His adviser, Michael Koncz, was reported to have met with Mayweather in the latter's Las Vegas gym.

Pacquiao also revealed that he is hoping his next fight will be against Mayweather.

"Kailangan panoorin n'yo yun, dahil napakagandang fight nun, kung matuloy," Pacquiao said. (If that fight pushes through, you have to watch it because it will be a good fight.)

Mayweather has already decided that he will fight on May 5, 2012, and is challenging Pacquiao to sign the contract for the mega-fight.

"May 5th is the date. Sign the contract, I'm waiting," Mayweather said, adding that he heard that Pacquiao is willing to undergo random urine and blood testing for the fight.

"You said you're a clean fighter... May 5th, I'm ready. I can sign today. But if I sign today, you better sign tomorrow," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment