Monday, August 29, 2011

Manny Pacquiao retiring soon



Source : Dennis Gasgonia, abs-cbnNEWS.com
MANILA, Philippines – Boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao said he is considering retiring after a couple of fights to concentrate on his duties as public servant.

“I'm not gonna stay long in boxing. A couple of fights and I will stop boxing. I will focus to serve people,” the boxing congressman from Sarangani province said in an interview with KO Boxing.com.
Pacquiao, who has a professional record of 53 wins, 3 losses and 2 draws, has a stellar career in boxing.
He has won world titles in 8 weight classes and is already considered as one of the best fighters in the history of the sport.
Pacquiao was elected as congressman of Sarangani province last year.
When asked if he plans to become Philippine president someday, Pacquiao laughed.
“No, I'm not thinking about the next position. I'm just focused, concentrating on my position right now as a congressman, how I can help [ my constituents],” said the boxer.
Pacquiao is lined up for a third fight against his Mexican rival, Juan Manuel Marquez, on November 12.
Pacquiao’s last fight could be against unbeaten boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr.
The anticipated match, seen to be the most lucrative in boxing history, could take place sometime in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment